- Reduces repetitious consent requests
- Simple options and language aid people’s understanding building trust from the start
- People get to the content they want immediately
- SWAN enables transparent audit trail of the companies that process people’s data
- Visual indicators confirm compliance by external auditors
- Option to block annoying adverts and report offenders
- Web participants “band together” to compete with walled gardens
- Fairness by design principles
- Embraces competition and privacy regulators requirements
- Truly decentralized - all participants are equal
- Competitive environment for operators (just like domain names)
- Only concerned with identifiers and preference – enables others to provide user interface and audit
- Stable foundation for identifiers and preferences
- Publishers can optimise revenue and eliminate fraud
- Advertisers can seamlessly transact with the Open Web knowing they get what they pay for
SWAN on Github
SWAN is the project that combines SWIFT and OWID to provide a powerful advertising network.
SWIFT enables information to be shared across domains on any web browser.
Open Web ID schema provides cryptographically verifiable identifiers to support audit and provide a trusted network of suppliers.